Directions are important. Who wants to drive around hoping to find the way, wasting time that could be spent enjoying the destination?
We used to carry maps in our cars, depending on the passenger to navigate while we drove.
Lost.
Now cars are equipped with GPS or we have smart phones. Technology has eased the anxiety of becoming lost.
If we have the address, we are good to go.
I find that in issues of the heart I forget to get directions. It's as if there's a fire and rushing forward is my only option so I won't get burned.
Found.
My "emergency" isn't unknown to God.
In fact, He's patiently aware and readily available to answer my requests.
Being found in my need requires me to stop and seek Him. He knows where the road will lead and with Him it's always the way I should go.
We used to carry maps in our cars, depending on the passenger to navigate while we drove.
Lost.
Now cars are equipped with GPS or we have smart phones. Technology has eased the anxiety of becoming lost.
If we have the address, we are good to go.
I find that in issues of the heart I forget to get directions. It's as if there's a fire and rushing forward is my only option so I won't get burned.
Found.
My "emergency" isn't unknown to God.
In fact, He's patiently aware and readily available to answer my requests.
Being found in my need requires me to stop and seek Him. He knows where the road will lead and with Him it's always the way I should go.
But I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way, who can't see where they're going. I'll be a personal guide to them, directing them through unknown country. I'll be right there to show them what roads to take, make sure they don't fall into the ditch. These are the things I'll be doing for them, not leaving them for a minute. Isaiah 42:16
God is present every minute of every day.
May we stop long enough to ask for directions!

No comments:
Post a Comment