Discontented.
What is our response when we are interrupted, sidelined, stopped?
I can be counted on to be frustrated and annoyed. I had a plan, something thought-out and organized.
Why at every turn do I find a wall?
This internal discontent begins to rise up and my thoughts are captured with ways I have been thwarted. Soon the venom is released.
Everything is viewed with these glasses of discouragement. Doubt plagues my thoughts with fears and I begin to hold on to what I want. I'm sinking!
The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me, I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer, I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them."
Attention.
Could my interruption be a gracious intervention? Can I look at this through what I believe about God and His plans?
I'm realizing that in order to handle life's interruptions, I need to consider whether God and His purposes for me are really my heart's cry.
Can I yield to Him if He calls me to do so?
May I move forward today releasing what I desperately wanted in order to receive what I really need.

No comments:
Post a Comment