When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.” When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. “Where have you laid him?” he asked. “Come and see, Lord,” they replied. Jesus wept.
Death takes many forms. Broken relationships, unrealized dreams, financial hardships, divorce. In all of these places, we're faced with disappointment and longings that for now must remain. Our hearts are broken and we are vulnerable.
Mary wept at Jesus’ feet and he wept with her. “Where have you laid him?” Those around Him replied gently, “Come and see, Lord”. Her friends answered his question because Mary was overcome with grief and her loss and longing was all she could see.
I sometimes see only my pain and loss. It clouds reality and becomes “the thing” that consumes my thoughts. It’s hard to see anything good.
How can I fall at Jesus’ feet, inviting Him to “come and see”?
Could I open my heart and let Him see inside?
Isn’t it nutty that I think He doesn’t already know what I'm afraid to say?
There's absolutely nothing too great or too small that His loving eyes do not see. Jesus knew where the tomb was and who was in it and how long Lazarus had been dead.
He just wanted them to tell Him what they needed.
Jesus wants to know how I feel and how you feel.
Jesus would raise Lazarus from the dead with tears running down His face.
Why? Because he loved them so much that their grief was His.
Jesus loves us so much that our grief is His grief.
Do we think Jesus doesn’t hear our pain? Or doesn’t really care? Maybe He is too busy, or our pain isn’t that great.
Is He not interested, or unable to really understand?
Jesus weeps with us.
May we go to Him with open hearts, crying; “come and see”.
I sometimes see only my pain and loss. It clouds reality and becomes “the thing” that consumes my thoughts. It’s hard to see anything good.
How can I fall at Jesus’ feet, inviting Him to “come and see”?
Could I open my heart and let Him see inside?
Isn’t it nutty that I think He doesn’t already know what I'm afraid to say?
There's absolutely nothing too great or too small that His loving eyes do not see. Jesus knew where the tomb was and who was in it and how long Lazarus had been dead.
He just wanted them to tell Him what they needed.
Jesus wants to know how I feel and how you feel.
Jesus would raise Lazarus from the dead with tears running down His face.
Why? Because he loved them so much that their grief was His.
Jesus loves us so much that our grief is His grief.
Do we think Jesus doesn’t hear our pain? Or doesn’t really care? Maybe He is too busy, or our pain isn’t that great.
Is He not interested, or unable to really understand?
Jesus weeps with us.
May we go to Him with open hearts, crying; “come and see”.

No comments:
Post a Comment