In the final scene, they are cornered on the cliffs overlooking the Grand Canyon and to avoid capture they make a decision to drive off the cliff.
The film ends with a freeze frame of the car in mid-air as the credits begin over a montage of their happiest moments together over the weekend.
Does one weekend of mayhem and fun constitute real friendship? I hope not!
Here are some truer words to consider;
"Encourage one another and build each other up."
"Be kind and compassionate to one another."
"Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing."
"Speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope, so you'll be all together in this, no one left out, no one left behind."
"Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you."
This is the kind of friend I want to be.These are the friends I need. I want to be honest, willing to share truth and open to asking and answering the hard questions.
Truth-telling friends will humbly evaluate their relationships on the basis of whether their actions and words help their friends move closer towards Jesus.
In truth-filled friendships, friends don't let friends drive over cliffs!

Amen "Sista"!
ReplyDelete